The 11th EPSON International Pano Awards is dedicated to the craft and art of panoramic photography, and is the world’s largest competition devoted to the genre.
Each year the top performing photographers are showcased in over 100 publications worldwide – and this year the prize pool value is a whopping US$40,000 – including $10,000 cash!
2020 competition now open!
1.By entering the Competition You hereby accept these Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions, including the rules summary above
2. Closing Date: Entries and the Entry Fees must be submitted by midnight (UTC -11) Monday 20th July, 2020. Late entries will be accepted until Monday 3rd August, 2020. Multiple entry discounts will not be available during the late entry period. All entry fees include GST for Australian entrants. We specifically reserve the right to extend the entry period if the competition is undersubscribed and costs have not been met, which may occur given the current COVID-19 pandemic.
3.The entry fee for the Open competition is US$22 per image. There is no restriction on the number of entries per entrant
4.The entry fee for the Amateur competition is US$18 per image. There is no restriction on the number of entries per entrant
5.The entry fee for the VR/360 competition is US$18 per image. There is no restriction on the number of entries per entrant
6.All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition and subsequently shortlisted or awarded may be used by The EPSON International Pano Awards, and its Event Partners, for marketing and promotional purposes of the event only. You hereby grant The EPSON International Pano Awards a non-exclusive, irrevocable license in each Entry throughout the world in all media for any use in connection with the Competition, including, but not limited to:
judging the Competition during the year of entry
displaying at public exhibitions showing The EPSON International Pano Awards and organized by The EPSON International Pano Awards in perpetuity
inclusion within the Website and/or an Awards catalogue in perpetuity
inclusion within any materials promoting of the Competition and / or any exhibition organized by The EPSON International Pano Awards or its Event Partners, in the promotion of The EPSON International Pano Awards in perpetuity
sub-licensing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition for a period of 5 years
allowing viewers of the Website to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone, in perpetuity
7. Judging will be ‘blind’. Individual scores from judges on each panel will be averaged to produce a single score for each entry. The top 10 finalists in each category will then be re-scored to produce the final category results (except VR/360 which will be finalized from the first judging round). The overall winner in each competition will be decided from the category winners. The highest scoring entrants in Open and Amateur are also required to have two other entries within the top 50 places in either category of the same competition to be awarded Photographer of the Year. In the case of this requirement not being fulfilled, the next eligible entrant will be considered. In the case of no entrant having three entries within the top 50 placings, entrants with two entries in the top 50 placings will be considered. No names or other indicators will be shown in judging to lead to the entrant and no names or other indicators are allowed on the Entry that could indicate who is the author of the Entry. Entries will be assigned a random catalogue number for judging
9. To enter, you must upload your image via the following website: www.thepanoawards.com (the “Website”), following the on-screen instructions carefully
10. The EPSON International Pano Awards reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements;
You are the sole owner and author of each Entry
The image presented for judging must be 100% photographic in origin, generally this means using a camera or similar device
You confirm that each person depicted in the Entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown, unless copyright laws in your jurisdiction allow for the photographing of persons in a public place without consent
Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content
Each entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
Each entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity
You agree to fully indemnify The EPSON International Pano Awards in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing
Your Entry does not include elements which You have purchased or secured the rights to use stock images, or procured from the public domain
You will accept the decision of the judges, and agree not to contact any judge directly in relation to your entry/entries, or engage in attacks on the judges or judging process in any media including social media
11. Any photograph used by The EPSON International Pano Awards shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as The EPSON International Pano Awards uses its reasonable endeavors to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure
12. The EPSON International Pano Awards and its Event Partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse by external third parties
13. The EPSON International Pano Awards assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition, and The EPSON International Pano Awards assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Competition. The EPSON International Pano Awards assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries. The EPSON International Pano Awards is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to The EPSON International Pano Awards on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. If for any reason a contestant’s entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, The International Pano Awards assumes no responsibility.
14. In no event will The EPSON International Pano Awards, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, Event Partners, its advertising or promotion agencies, or its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the Website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
15. You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in connection with the competition without additional compensation
16. All entrants must be ready to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in an exhibition display, if asked, within 7 days of judging completion. These large files will not be retained following exhibition, and all exhibition prints will be destroyed afterwards
17. There are no alternatives available for prize winners. Prize recipients are responsible for any import taxes or levies payable on receipt of prizes in your own country. All prizes issued as vouchers do not include shipping
18. Winners will be published online on www.thepanoawards.com
19. No late entries accepted after the pre-advertised late period
20. Entry fees and prizes are quoted in USD. The EPSON International Pano Awards does not account or have any liability for any participants’ bank fees and charges that may be levied in currency conversion and currency transaction by the participating bank or institution. Prizes are paid in USD, currency conversions to local currency are at winner’s expense at the time of conversion
21. The EPSON International Pano Awards decisions are final. Right of rejection and or right of refusal are at the discretion of the event organizers and can happen at any time
22. Judges, sponsors, entry fees and prizes may be changed without notice up to the closing date of the competition. The International Pano Awards accepts no responsibility for non-delivery of prizes from sponsors for reasons such as insolvency
23. All entries are subject to the laws of Australia and the state of South Australia
24. All terms and conditions subject to change without notice with the exception of copyright clause 6
FotoRevista no ha revisado las bases de este concurso.